KFL fechral resistors are used for start-up, speed adjustment and braking of DC and AC electrical machines operating in lifting and handling equipment used in steelwork and offshore industries, and in other electrical equipment.
Apart from the standard KFL designs presented in the table below, the KFL module can be configured optionally by placing 2 to 6 resistance components, which allows to create any resistance device. The resistance components may be interconnected in any way (in parallel or in series). Modules (boxes) can be interconnected in vertical arrangement.
The standard resistors given below require forced cooling and are significantly overloaded:
|Resistor type||Rated insulation voltage V||Allowable permanent load A||Rated resistance Ω||Resistance tolerance %|
Apart from the resistors listed in the table, we manufacture sets of KFL resistors with electrical parameters on the client's request. The sets are marked with consecutive Arabic numerals depending on the sequence of resistor set, e.g. KFL1. . . KFL42.
Parameters of the resistance components used to produce KFL resistors are presented in the following table.
|Design||Band width (mm)||Band tickness (mm)||Component resistance (Ω)||Branches||Coils||Stroke (mm)||Band length (mm)||Load for continuous operations (A)||Temp. increase ΔT (°C)|
- continuous, interrupted or short-time operation
- operation in atmospheres being free from gases, explosive mixtures and corrosive vapours
- ambient temperature: up to +55 C (328 K)
- relative humidity: up to 95% at +22 C (293 K)
- adapted to operation in moderate climate, tropical climate (TH, TS, TA) or tropical marine climate (M)
Note: When ordering, please provide the following technical parameters:
- type of resistor
- type of design
- for KFL resistance sets, attach the electrical diagram including the resistance and average load current of individual sections.
- Based on the electrical diagram of the resistor operating system and the other parameters, the manufacturer prepares the technical documentation which is agreed with the client.
Spare parts supplied on consideration or on request:
- resistance component C10-31606-32, design I, II
- Insulator C10-51232
- Insulator C10-51472
- Insulator C10-51471
- Terminal C10-51228b, design I, II
- Plate C10-43633a, design I, II